Monday, January 9, 2012

thoughts i thought in myanmar





In a second I was 
Over the pacific
Lights of the city behind

San Francisco 
Love of mine
Lost in the foggy black sky

-----

I looked out the window of this giant bird
And stars hung stately, strung in space
My heart contracts and breaths grow short
And tears Unwilled appear

Beauty begins to stop my heart
I, creation, fly with stars

----

The skies are dim with the promise of dawn
But the lights down below show the journey's begun

-----

The land below, the clouds above
Above the clouds a mountain range
It rises blue through lighter blue
And breaks the cloud's cool coat

-----
Fields of mirror plates showing the sky
Rivers like boas that ate too much food
Snaking the curves til they meet in the sea
Road and pagodas and water and trees

-----

Fires of spires 
Breaking the sky
Mirrored monastics 
Are walking on by

Ancient and neon
Mixing in light 
the age of the Buddha
And time of the night

----

slip slip slipping
Fish fish flopping
Kid kid screaming
Splash splash splashing
Fish market teeming
Like a school of fish

----

Place of robes but not of light
Children running through that night
"Mai Savannah", My Savannah
Claimed by children as their own
Love and laughter finding me
Dearest moment, duty free

----

Serendipitous Internet
Instagram views
Breezes from engines
And Lin-Lin shines too

----

I've known this grace of which you speak
It's deeper far than any sea
A love, a light, a comfort rare,
My greatest sorrow all He bears

----

Rivers on land like lines on my hand
Crooked and snaking and crosshatched with trees
Yangon and Mandalay, Inle, Bagan
Journey adventure, an airplane's eye view

---

The biggest injustice is grace for our sins. 
The greatest mercy mission was Christ  coming down.

-----

Learn to cry for the sins of the world
Have faith that His light can conquer every darkness
Pray for the ones who can not see
There's only one who never fails

----

Sunflower turn their faces to the sun,
You turn your faces away from your gods 
When bowing down to worship
But I, I stand before my king
And gaze at his beautiful glory
My eyes are opened
My heart is full
You transform me
And make me pure

----

How will we ever reach the ground
How will we ever land this bird
Our wings are so big and the earth is so small
We're soaring, cloud-sized, won't come down

----

Orange flowers orange earth
Orange feet from orange dirt
Bands of green and patchy creams
Azure sky and buffalo tracks

----

Water tracks and almost home
Sun kissed feet and joy in heart
Herons flying overhead
Hyacinth along the way

----

Heart in hand and eyes alight
Paper airplane hand tattoos
Flying round the sky and room
Dancing through the clouds and life
Loving, laughing, finding joy
Living out my days for Him
Going into all the earth
Fin.



No comments:

Post a Comment