Wednesday, May 29, 2013

runaway

“The LORD your God is in your midst, a mighty one who will save; he will rejoice over you with gladness; he will quiet you by his love; he will exult over you with loud singing.”
Zephaniah 3:17

I have a picture in mind

I'm being lead in to a great wedding feast
My outfit is spotless
It's clean and brand new
The light around me glows with an
Incandescent quality
There is so much joy
And peace
But another picture presents itself
Inwardly as I see all this beauty around
I'm screaming at myself
"YOU DO NOT BELONG HERE"
The bridelike me sees the wedding food
Prepared to delicious perfection
But the being-reformed zombie corpse that's within me
Is trying to crawl on the floor scrounging up the most rotten foul scraps of imagination figments. 
Of things that I think will satisfy my hungers.
The zombie me is running full heat toward
The gates where I was carried in
Right after that Bridegroom started my heart.
The blood he caused to course through my veins
Is such a burning cleansing flow
That I try to avoid it
And the death that is still prevalent among my members cringes back and begins screaming and scrambling, trying to tear me apart 
Because clearly destruction would be better than this new foreign me that is being regenerated.
As I'm constantly running back toward that gate to the dung heap He dug me out of
The faltering beats of this heart that I didn't know existed
Keep stopping me knocking me down about face to the light that is changing the skin on my frame
When this happens with some slightly increasing rapidity
The glimpses of bride-me are clearer in mind
And although i'm running flat out for the door
He stops me and says "Death will not win any more."
And he carries me back to the feast
And day by day we repeat this retreat
But the other part I haven't told you about
He's taking the rock that he made start to beat
And he's cutting out chunks and it's starting to bleed
But the blood makes the next tiny part come to life
And each time he lets out his fierce warrior scream
He's dressing the kill that He gave a first life
And His song is a noble "here comes my bride."

No comments:

Post a Comment